Orthodontic aftercare is underpinned by the correct use of retainers to ensure you keep your teeth straight and positioned exactly where you want them.
- We will guide you through every stage of your orthodontic journey, including aftercare, to help you keep your new smile in perfect alignment.
- With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Murray proudly delivers expert orthodontics and dentistry to patients across New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- We will continue to support you during the retention stage of your treatment. There is no charge for these appointments.
Types of Retainers
Retainers are custom-made and can be removable or fixed.
- Traditional removable retainers typically include a metal wire that surrounds the front teeth and is attached to an acrylic arch that sits on the roof of the mouth. The metal wires can be adjusted to finish treatment and continue minor movement of the front teeth as needed.
- In the appropriate cases, clear retainers will fit over the entire upper and lower arches in order to preserve your perfect smile.
- Fixed retainers are wires bonded to the back surfaces of the teeth and are utilized in certain cases to counteract specific movements.
Ask Us Anything
If you have further questions about the retention part of your orthodontic treatment, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions that you can expect to be answered during your evaluation include: